Page

Wednesday 2 April 2014

It all happened overnight !!!

I never believed in the theory of people turning up-side down, (not literally, to be read as change) overnight. I mean as quick as a drop of hat...really. I never happened to meet anyone so fickle minded. Changes do come, i agree but there is a structured phenomena for it..right ? Change in attitude, surroundings, job place, roles of life make differences to what you are but certainly not too quick. We get into a new role, observe it, analyse it, evaluate our compatibility to them, making choices of to be or not-to-be and then if found worthy we do change ourselves. Trust me, nothing is tougher than getting our own selves into a compromise with new things. 

Now, what if i say that it all proved a past story for me. Yeah, for a reasonably rigid difficult-to-mould personality. If given a chance i would throw a bash of kisses for the one who propounded "Its difficult to understand a girl's heart". See, he understood the entire breed so correctly. And definitely i am one of them and will remain so until & unless any exceptional list is provided for the saying. To be honest enough, Tanmay has seldom never complaint of me complicating things unnecessarily, blowing petty issues out of proportions, playing a game of Guess What/do you read my heart bulletin everyday (after all, one who says things straight at face is not a girl) etc etc. So we have always been confident that i don't come to the list of demanding fiance who doesn't let go a moment of stealing the show.

And then it happened...without any clue.

Sinjara - is a ceremony done a day before Gangaur (Parvati ji) & Teej, two of the biggest festivities of rajasthan. Basically Sinjara is done for newly wed/to be wed DIL by her in-Laws. Gifts like saree, sweets (Ghewar, to be precise), jewelry are bought to the girl's house, where she gets ready with all 16-singaar. Gifts are exchanged between families and songs of Gangaur maa are sang. Next day, the girl do gangaur puja, elaborated meal is prepared & ladies do sing, dance & pray for a good husband/long life of husband (Little confusion, you know). In and all its a ladies thing which never appealed to me until yesterday. From yesterday morning till the moment i write this (yes, i am still hopeful) i desperately want a sinjara for me. Though the day has already gone but somehow i am clutching to the hope. I too want to wear a saree, do make up & ready to receive hands full of gifts. If you think that i am getting inspired by my mother or anties who do so then let me make it clear that it's not done in our family. It's a typical Jaipur flavor which my family fails to gorge. 

So what, any day is good enough to start with a new thing. If it all can come to my mind, affect my mind & heart by ultimately breaking it into millions of pieces can't these elders sense & act on it. Now that i am almost sure that nothing exciting can happen, i pray to Gangaur to please flush out these super exciting ideas of getting a doll treatment for myself from my mind.

PS - When Tanmay was told about the super heighted & far reached excitement in my adrenaline for it, he lovingly asked me about what all is done & promises all this to me for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment