Page

Friday 15 November 2013

Do not come any other day...

It happened a week ago. I took no time to realize the swift move. Yes, it was quick this time unlike the usual slothful advance it makes. "Shit, she has come mamma"- i almost cried while all i could get in sympathy was her smirk. Well, knowing that the most i could do to escape is just to prepare myself i submitted myself to the grave tragedy. Grumbling, i followed my rescue plan. Evaluating the force i decided to make it hard for her this time. "You see this time i wont let you subdue me" i muttered, cursing for what all she did to me last time.

If you are still wondering as to whom i fear the most, its none other than nature's yet another gift for helpless human - Winters. Its early arrival in all its pink has already left me with blue, white, yellow, green and every other possible color of hankies. No rewards for guessing that i have already been down with a severe cold while people  my mamma says its a start. Yeah and that is what making me 10 times more scared that if its first and lets-be-ready Blow can bestow a week long cold what will......see, i just cannot go up the ladder of severity. Few more pangs of cough & cold, cruel sleepless nights coz of ice-cold feet, no late night walks, more than half of wardrobe getting useless, increased oil content in daily diet (of course mamma cant discount me for paratha, halwa n laddoos).....these are just few to mention. 

People do love winters in fact they look up to its arrival. After all they wait so long to have countless cups of tea while gossiping around their house boundaries and of course a bowl full of pakoda, plate of chikki, gajak are not to be forgotten. I look at their endless capacity to gulp down our very own indian chocolates smeared in sugar/sugar syrup and pray for an early end to this fun fiesta. Every time i stand on a weighing machine in winters my rolling eyes pops out at the result. "Make it 5 kgs less baby and look at the jacket you are wearing" - I sigh of relief.

What if i cant go whhirrrllllllll over a snow sheet, there are so many other fascinating vacations options available. And let me remind you that coffee is not to be associated with winters. Trying to hold a cup with shivering hands and saving it from spilling is not my idea of winter adventure. Coffee tastes equally good rather better in rains.

I have always longed for a year devoid of winters but the wish is still waiting for the magic touch. These three months of chill are always spent in misery complaining every other moment. Fingers crossed i am still waiting for a full proof relocating plan where i could bare my waxed hands and legs throughout the year :P. Finally few words for aunties attending winter weddings - Oh Holy Spirit, please bless me with an everlasting endurance to display best of designer wears, tons of gold and oodles of diamonds with a quivering spine.

PS - Global warming please speed up. Provided the events going on i'm sure to get rid of winters soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment